Friday, May 9, 2014

Blog Assignment Eight-Blog Critique 2

I really appreciated what Skye had to offer in her blog, Skye's Government Blog, about desegregating schools. Like Skye I moved around quite a bit throughout my K-12 education and I came across huge differences at each of the schools I attended and even dropped out of high school because of it. I even attended private schools for a spell and found it drastically different from the public schools I later had to attend. It wasn't hard to cope until I had to change high schools. I came from Copperas Cove high school where I was a whiz in my AP classes, but when I moved to Austin the AP classes were unforgiving and education standards were not so lenient.
Her blog subject creates no bounds in her audience. I feel that anyone can see differences in the school systems even in the same district. I really would have loved to hear a little more in the differences between private and home schooling compared to public schooling as well. She was very thorough with her presentation of facts and solutions. Her personal experience really resonated with me and drew me into the subject. Skye's message was very clear and to the point and an important subject.

No comments: