Saturday, May 3, 2014

Blog Assignment Six-Blog Critique

Angela brings up an issue that is easy to relate to in her blog The Eagle's Nest. Almost everyone knows someone with kids or has kids of their own. I was never a professional nanny, but I usually am the first call when someone needs their kids watched for any amount of time. Unfortunately, not everyone has a friend or even family that is willing to drop their free day for someone else kids . Though her article was interesting, I wish there were more statistics and mathematical content. She also mentioned day cares that provided reduced pricing. I would have loved to know what that entailed, how a family qualifies and if that was unfair for other families that couldn't qualify that kind of assistance. It was a very good start and really peaked my interest in this issue.
Towards the end of her article she states,"The government should provide free child care to those around the poverty level because they struggle to pay for the necessities of life." I would have liked to know what steps could be taken to get that statement into action. Some detail on who would be offered this government help would have made this the perfect article. I look forward to her future blogs and I wish her luck.

No comments: